What is the best way to share a dashboard with a customer?

Jared O'Connor July 16, 2012

Hi

I've set up a dashboard for one of our customers and I'm trying to find the best way to share it with them. The customer should have an account in the system, I do not want the dashboard to be publicly visible and I do not want the customer to have access to anything other than the dashboard.

I have created an account for them in the system, but I cannot work out how to configure the groups, roles and permissions appropriately. Can anyone provide some guidance here?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2012

If you share a Dashboard with the customer, at the moment JIRA will also allow the user to browse and see the issues which he has permission to see. Also the filters used in the Dashboards will be visible. There is no way to prevent that currently in JIRA, especially OnDemand.

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2012

Jared, I'm not exactly sure on what you're trying to achieve, because to have the dashboard displaying info for an user, it has to have access to the target content independently of the dashboard, for example, you don't want this user going around a project, however, you want him to check the latest news about this very project on the dashboard (updates, comments, etc), he must have permission access to this project. For a user to have info, reports, etc of a project, he must have access to it, which will allow him to access everything about the project.

I'd recommend you to create a ticket under support.atlassian.com, so we can have a further look on what you're trying to achieve and then check whether it's possible or not.

Cheers,

Suggest an answer