What is the best way to provide instructions on a jira create issue screen?

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

We would like to provide a multi-line text field on an issue create screen with guidance for the reporter on how to fill out specific fields.

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2015

Why don't you just change help strings for users?

Admin > Issues > Field Configurations > Edit per each field and set description.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2015

I was about to say the same. If the descriptions aren't good enough though, I'd move on to the "message fields" in the Jira Toolkit addon. But work with the field descriptions first.

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

Don't forget that these description areas allow using HTML for extra styling. Use it wisely :)

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2015

I want the instructions for the Priority field. But only for this one project. :/

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2015

OH DUH. I see what you mean. THANKS

Suggest an answer