What is the best way to integrate my customer data to JIRA?

CM December 16, 2013

Hello everybody,
I want to start using JIRA to create support tickets when customers get in touch with us.

Our customer data is in our CRM system (http://www.superoffice.com/). We have the version of the CRM system where we host this on our servers, and we also host JIRA on the same server. The database used for the CRM system is MSSQL.

I would like the show this information from our CRM in JIRA: Company name, contact person, phone number for company and contact person, e-mail address for company and contact person.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can do this in the best way?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2013

You can use the nFeed plugin to read your customer data from the CRM database.

CM December 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! I will definetivily look into this.

For other users considering this solution: From 1.1.2014 nFeed will change their price structure making it much cheaper for 25 users licenses.

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2013

Hi;

You can interface your database with Jira using a scripting plugin like jss or jjupin or others
And you can use the database value field plugin.

In our company we have used the jjupin to get informations customer from our ERP luike name, tel,...

0 votes
Munteanu Mihai-Ovidiu December 16, 2013

I'm using CROWD. It's a product from atlassian... it has a good comunication with JIRA.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/crowd/overview

You can use a trial version so you could test it. Another solution would be LDAP.

CM December 16, 2013

Hello, thank you for your feedback.

We are also using Crowd for handling users via Windows AD. Do you also use Crowd to recieve customer data from a CRM system?

Suggest an answer