• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • What is the best way to give customers a customer portal understanding of the issues. Our client wants to follow created issues. Most preferably, the customer wants it in the form of a dashboard. However, it is not intended that the customer can log in to

What is the best way to give customers a customer portal understanding of the issues. Our client wants to follow created issues. Most preferably, the customer wants it in the form of a dashboard. However, it is not intended that the customer can log in to

Theo Eyzenga October 27, 2016

2 answers

0 votes
Theo Eyzenga October 27, 2016

Jack,

Thanks for your quick reply on my question.

I hope that soon it's possible to use the option 'organization' in the service desk.

Not only in the cloud but on our server also.

Greets,

Theo

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2016

Theo,

organization is available now and I use it (at least in cloud). What this allows is that your customer can see all requests submitted after it is enabled. You can create a single organization per customer or multiple organizations per customers (say if you wish to create groups w/in an org.). Note, you may wish to disable the option that results in sending an email to all customers in an org whenever a customer in that org creates/comments on a ticket (lots of spam otherwise). This is done under project>project settings>customer notifications>organization added --> set to disabled.

if this answers your question you may wish to indicated it as answered so as to help future admins.

cheers,

j

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2016

You cannot expose (as yet) a browser based dashboard view to JSD customers. The thread below does a good job of explaining what you can and cannot do.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/42682038

Suggest an answer