What is the best plugin to create management reports in JIRA Service Desk

Erik Vorwerk June 19, 2017

Hello!  I have been looking for a way to create custom reports in JIRA Service Desk to better help track ticket statuses.  The built in reporting tools are less than intuative for me.  Reporting examples would be:

a.       Ticket Review – Problem Type:  Provides tickets stats for each member of the IT Team identifies ticket counts for open, closed, average duration.   Tickets are subgrouped based on Problem Type.   Report can assist in identifying areas of expertise and team’s ability to process specific types of tickets.

b.      Ticket Review – Days of Week:  Breaks down open and closed tickets into the day of the week.   Provides visibility into workloads and efforts impacting the team.

c. Sprint Review – Estimated vs Actuals: Report to track Sprint Team’s accuracy for scheduling vs completing work, and for tracking actual hours to estimates.

I do see that there are alot of plugins available, but I have had no luck dechipering which product would best suit our needs report wise.  Does anyone have experience or use similar reporting in JIRA Service Desk?  If so, what tools do you use?  

Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide.

2 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

Our Better Excel Plugin can solve all these via custom report templates: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-better-excel-plugin/template-gallery#jira-service-desk-reports

My second candidate would be EazyBI, especially if you primarily need this for the web, and for sharing in Excel.

0 votes
Marcel Nick July 12, 2017

Hi Eric ,

We have a brand new cloud Plugin to address Service Desk Reporting and  Analysis usecase. 

You can review your tickets and create custom charts by using filters  and grouping option available in the Plugin Analysis view. You could create custom reports with your saved filters and share it to external stakeholders as well. 

Cheers

Marcel

Carrie Jensen March 1, 2022

what about Jira Data Center - this is only for the cloud

Suggest an answer