What is the Wiki Entry in the Agile Scrum board in JIRA Software (AKA JIRA 7)?

Alejandro Villamarin November 20, 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find info about a functionality? in the Scrum board, that it says "Wiki", check the screenshot:

Selection_033.png

Here is the view of my managed add-ons just to show that the add-on is compatible with my current JIRA version:

Selection_033.png

I'm asking because I already have the Simple Wiki add-on, so I really don't know if this is showing up because I do own it (http://simplewiki.tss.io/). It would be great if I could access the Wiki we have also from the Scrum Board, any idea how to do this?

2 answers

1 vote
Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2015

Hi Alejandro, 

Owner of the SimpleWiki plugin here.

There are 2 spots we have a "Wiki" link. In the main header, as well as in the project sidebar.

The one in the project sidebar leads to the wiki for that particular project, while the one in the main header is a drop down and allows you to choose which project wiki to visit.

Given that your screen ends up blank, and only shows the "Wiki" title, it appears there is some other issue with the wiki not loading properly.

Alejandro Villamarin November 22, 2015

Hello Anthony! Thanks for answering back and thanks for writing such a cool add-on! Well, is just a usability issue, I'd rather being able to access the wiki without having to leave the Board. If you can point me somewhere to narrow this issue, it would be great. Thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2015

That does look like it is being added by an add-on, but that's not quite what the docs say it behaves.  Are you using the correct version for your JIRA version?

Alejandro Villamarin November 21, 2015

Hey Nic, yeah, check my edited question, I've uploaded the screenshot of my "Manage add-ons" screen. I actually remember updating to JIRA 7.

Not sure why the last screenshot is showing the first one...guess some bug with the image selector...

Pasting the link here for that screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16504598/Selection_033.png

Suggest an answer