What is the JIRA Service Desk recommended installation with an existing JIRA Software instance

Scott Strmel May 31, 2017

We are currently running JIRA Software in Linux environment. We would like to begin using Service Desk and integrate it with our existing JIRA Software instance. What is the preferred confifugration for the intallation. Install Service Desk as a separate instance on the existing JIRA Software server or install Serrvice Desk on its own server?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2017

We can't really answer that, as it depends on your systems and usage.   But

If you want to have any form of crossover between the two, then adding JSD to a Software installation is by far the better option.  Your JSD Agents will be able to ask developers for help, including them in support issues, and have quick-create-issue options in the developer projects for the cases where an support request needs to go to developers.  Your reporting will be in one place.  And and and.

However, if the two systems are never going to have anything to do with each other, there's nothing to lose from separate installs.

Scott Strmel May 31, 2017

Thanks. That answers my question. I didn't realize until after I asked the question that Service Desk also comes as an obr.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2017

Best installation option is Admin -> Manage applications

Suggest an answer