What is the FixVersion ID field name?

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2015

We moved issues from one project to another and when doing that the fix version field got a different id number in the back ground which now when we do a filter and sort by "FixVersion" and then by Feature ID, it will NOT allow us to keep all the FixVersions together, so even though the value is the same, it views it as different because it was given a different ID number when moved.  I think all I have to do is instead of using the "FixVersion" in my filter, I could use the FixVersionID? to sort correctly?  

So, does anyone know if that is possible and tell me what that ID name would be? I have tried FixVersionID and it doesn't pop up when writing the filter through JQL.

OR any suggestions how to fix this and get them all changed to the same ID so I can use the FixVersion field name and get it to sort how the user wants it too FixVersion then by Feature ID.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2016

And how about this? 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-59992 Please vote for it, thanks!

0 votes
fbeck_br April 28, 2015

The "Fix Version/s" (native field) I suppose does not use an ID, if you are using a custom field is it showed on the moved issues (view screen)? If yes, you can press F12 to open the browser console and you can search for the Field element and get the field ID if it has one.

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2015

what do you mean by browser console? We are using the native field "FixVersions", so if that isn't the issue, then why, if I have the same fixversion values (15.3 or 15.2) but different Project IDs (ACPFTR-xxxx or PYMTFTR-XXXX) why do the Project IDs not show together for a matching fixversion value, even if I sort first by fixversion and second sort on Project ID. It's sorting first on ID, then on fixversion is how the output looks. #very confused#

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2016

TU

Suggest an answer