What is "JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) Cloud" in the quote of a renewal license?

Juliana Marcela Londoño González August 22, 2017

In my Billing Estimate there is a cost for "JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) Cloud". What is that? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kim Wall
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2017

Hi Juliana,

The JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) is a Marketplace add-on that allows for some extra functionality such as some additional automation and integration, etc. It is an add-on that was created by one of the Marketplace vendors, Bob Swift. 

Your renewal likely contains this item because it is an add-on that was purchased and installed for your environment previously.

Best,

Kim

Juliana Marcela Londoño González August 22, 2017

Thank you Kim! I don't remember that I bought that add-on. What happen if I don't inlcude this add on. I current have Jira Software and Portfolio.

Thank you!

Kim Wall
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2017

Hi Juliana,

If you don't renew that add-on and the license expires, the add-on will discontinue functioning which, if the add-on is in use, will cause implementations of the add-on to break. 

The CLI page linked above does link to the documentation for the add-on. I suggest you take look at that and see if you can determine if it's being used in your environment. 

Best,

Kim

Suggest an answer