What is needed to link Confluence Knowledge Base to Jira Service Desk

Edwin Hout February 10, 2014

I have an application trust link between Jira an Confluence. I also have the Space linked to Jira.

Confluence uses the userdatabase of Jira. And I think I have it setup wide open.

But I cannot add the Knowledge Base space to the Jira Service Desk. What could I be missing ?

3 answers

0 votes
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2014

This issue has been resolved by removing 127.0.0.1 from trusted application and adding it again

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2014

Known bug for JIRA Service Desk 1.2 and above as pointed in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-324

However, some users cannot reproduce the problem and have it working. Could you let us know the configs for your Application link? What is enabled and what is not? Some users also mentions that it work on the latest version of JIRA, so we'd like to know your version as well.

Pareshkumar Gandhi March 24, 2014

Jia version - 6.2

Confluence - 5.4.2

As per JSD-321, conflunce should be 5.4.3

Will it work if upgrade confluence.

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2014

Are you using OAuth or Trusted Application? If you are using OAuth, then it is advisable to upgrade since there is a problem with OAuth plugins (did not startup) on Confluence 5.4.2.

I'm using trusted application.

If i'm changing it to oath then it is thworing error:

Client must be authenticated to access this resource

0 votes

did you find any solution for this.

I'm also facing same issue

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/272587/not-able-to-create-confluence-knowledge-base

Suggest an answer