What is edonkey is all about ?

Ashok Kumar Srinivas April 22, 2016

Can this application be helpful to software configuration management system in any way ?

Is there any integration between Atlassian tools and e-donkey done and used ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2016

You mean the old peer-to-peer file sharing system that's not used much any more?

I've no idea about it Nic. Please brief me its applications. I work on Software configuration management domain, let me know if this tool can be of help to integrate or use with Atlassian tools .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2016

If you don't even know what it is, then you're asking the wrong people.  Why have you picked out an apparently random piece of software and asked a question about it?

What are you actually trying to achieve?

My boss e-mailed me about edonkey. He is under the impression that it is a new application or tool appears to be picking up some interesting things. He talked about decentralized part, and mostly server based, peer-to-peer file sharing network best suited to share big files among user, and to provide long term availability of files. So he wanted to check with us if this can be a help to us ( I mean in the area of software configuration & continuous integration).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2016

Ok, so you need to go back to your boss for more detail.  The only edonkey I can find is an old file sharing system (I was using it last millenium!), so you probably need to ask him to confirm what he's found and question the need for file availability and what problems he's expecting to solve with it.

OK. I will do it. Thank you NIc.

Suggest an answer