What is easier/faster/proper way to bulk change issue type: bulk edit or bulk move?

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2015

Of course we assume that source and destination project, workflow and screens are identical.

I'm wondering what are the real risks of both of these approaches, or if there is a big difference in performance between the above operations.

1 answer

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2015

I'd imagine you want to bulk edit; bulk move should only apply if you are changing projects or workflows, as you have to go through the wizard to map issue types, etc.  I don't know the actual performance profile of either, but changing a field is a simple update to the underlying table and a re-index, while a move should theoretically be a lot more involved.

Suggest an answer