What is blocking jira on Ubuntu?

Greg Cunningham January 26, 2016

I have installed JIRA 7.0.9 on Ubuntu server 14.04.3 with a remote MySQL database server.  At one point I was able to access the app server via http://IP:8080, but cannot now after trying to resolve some db and app server connectivity.  I have tried changing the shutdown and operating port for the app, and shutting down the Ubuntu FW (sudo ufw disable).  The VM is an Azure VM so ping is not enabled.  I am unable to telnet to the operating port which leads me to believe its a FW or networking issue.  Azure endpoints are open for the TCP protocol from my network to the VM.  I tested with config.sh and there is connectivity between the db and application server. 

2 answers

0 votes
Greg Cunningham January 26, 2016

thanks Nic....yes naturally I would undo what I did, but that work was on another server.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2016

Er, then why mention it?  It makes it sound like the debugging you were doing broke it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2016

>after trying to resolve some db and app server connectivity.  

Right, so you probably need to undo whatever you did there.  Or at least work out what broke your access

>I am unable to telnet to the operating port which leads me to believe its a FW or networking issue.

Yes, it is, telnet is a good test here.

Suggest an answer