What is\are the File Attachment Upload Limit(s) in JIRA\Atlassian Cloud ?

JT April 20, 2017

What is\are the file attachment upload limit(s) in JIRA\Atlassian Cloud ?

For example, attachments for Issues\Bug reports ?

The need to create third-party download links is a real nuisance...

4 answers

4 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2019

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to announce that we will soon be rolling out Atlassian Cloud Premium which will provide you with unlimited storage in your Cloud instance.

You can sign up above to get onto the waiting list!

Let us know if you have any questions about this new feature.

Regards,

Shannon

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2017

10Mb max file size by default, and your total Cloud storage is capped at 25Gb for smaller Cloud installs (100 for larger)

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2019

At this point, the standard total storage limit has been increased to 250 GB per our Cloud storage policy!

1 vote
Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2017

@JT in case it helps you with the Atlassian storage limitations, we published an addon that allows connecting your JIRA Cloud instance to a S3 bucket to store files in S3 (on a project level and issue level).

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
April 20, 2017

The maximum attachment size is 2147483647 bytes (2 GB). To set it, please see:

Configuring file attachments

JT April 20, 2017

Thanks Nic and Ann.

What happens if we reach our Atlassian Cloud storage limit for attachments ?

Can I archive old bug reports with attachments ?

Can I set a schedule for auto-deletion of bug reports with attachments ?

When I delete an entire Sprint, will it also delete all the bug reports with attacments connected to it ?

Can additional storage be purcahsed ?

I do not want to have to delete bug reports with attachments manually...

Like Avner likes this
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
April 21, 2017

If you reach your storage limit, per Atlassian Cloud storage policy:

"If your instance exceeds the storage limit, Atlassian Support can work with you to reduce disk space by archiving old Confluence and/or JIRA application attachments. We won't remove any data without first consulting with you."

So you can work with Atlassian Support for archiving. 

For auto-deletion scheduling, you would need to do some scripting - maybe post a Discussion question on the best way to do this, there is more than one approach.

Additional storage is not available for purchase.

When you delete a sprint, the tickets are not deleted. Please see:

Deleting a sprint

JT April 21, 2017

Thank you Ann.  You have been very helpful in my survey of Atlassian.

Suggest an answer