What is an LDIFF of a user?

Pamela T Hartley April 28, 2016

I am attempting to set up external users for the first time in our JIRA Software instance using LDAP.  It seems that when a user first attempts to log into JIRA, it is giving them the correct group from the Active Directory, but not the jira user group, so it won't let them in.  I am not out of licenses, so not sure what it could be.

I have a ticket in with Atlassian and they have asked me to send an "an LDIFF of the user" and I have no idea what that is, can you assist?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2016

It's an export of AD data intended for importing users into other AD systems.  It dumps out a user into a block of text that can be used to recreate the full entry (groups, properties etc).

How you export it depends on your AD system though - I vaguely remember a really old support call I raised with Atlassian and being asked the same thing and talking me thorugh using "ldifde" on a command line to get them a user record to examine.

0 votes
Pamela T Hartley April 29, 2016

Thank you Nic!  I will work with my AD team on this, appreciate your expertise!

Suggest an answer