What is Xporter?

Glenda Giles October 30, 2014

I want to use conditional statements in jira. For example, if a ticket is fora specific component then it will be assigned to a designated developer and tech writer.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2014

There's two totally unrelated questions here.

Xporter is for getting JIRA issues out into document formats

For conditional assigns, you might need to expand on the question.  The easy answer is "use component leads" as you can automatically assign issues to them.  But I'm not sure where the tech writer might come in (especially as you can only have one assignee for an issue)

Glenda Giles October 30, 2014

I apologize for combining the questions in one ticket... this is my first time using the forum...

To expand on my question about conditional assigns... After a ticket has been completed by the developer and tested by QA, it is assigned to documentation. I would like the ticket to be automatically assigned to a person in documentation based on the component field. Is that possible?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2014

No problem, your clarification was great :-) You can't do that second assignment with Jira off-the-shelf. You need a post-function that can look at the component and understand who should be assigned in the QA step. I'm not aware of any in the standard plugins I usually recommend - the closest you can get with them is to have an extra user-picker field for "QA person" and use one of their copy functions to take whatever the users have entered and assign that user on the transition. But I suspect you probably want to go the whole hog and use the script runner to do a big "case" statement on the QA user (unless you want to write your own plugin of course)

Suggest an answer