What is Request Type key in JIRA to send slack message

saitvs June 1, 2022

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/setting-up-request-types-939926357.html

i have a service desk project, and i want to send slack notification based on Request Type created example below.

{
"text":"<customerRequestType> create | <eventType> <issueLink> in <projectLink> by <userLink>",
"attachments": [{}]}]}

See that customerRequestType is not working whats the correct key for RequestType name i want to sent notification based on that.Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 4.19.32 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2022

Hi @saitvs , welcome!

The smart value you'll want to use for the Request Name in an Automation rule is:

{{issue.Request Type.requestType.name}}

For more details and other smart values you can use, check out the Automation docs for Jira issue smart values !

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hello there,

Welcome to the community!

The request name is free to be decided by you that is configuring the service management project.

According to this document that you provided:

1. Request name: give the request an intuitive name by using keywords that your customers look for.

Basically, you can choose any name that you would like to show to the user in the portal and this won't affect the integration with Slack.

I strongly recommend checking the documentation below:

Please let me know if it helps.

Kind regards,

Carlos

Suggest an answer