What if one issue refers to more users individually?

Mladen Mijatović February 2, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How do I assign issues to multiple users

How do we handle situation if one task (issue) is meant to be done by multiple users individually (ex. Install Laravel Framework on your local computer)?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2017

Think of the assignee as being the person with overall responsibility for the issue - the single point of contact.  You need that, or you open yourself up to "I thought someone else was doing it", which, in my experience, always happens.

There are lots of good ways to involve other users in an issue though, and that's a good thing to do.

In your case here, I would probably go down the "sub task" route, creating a single sub-task for each user to check off when they are done.

You could also use checklists (via an add-on, not sure if it's available on cloud), or simply mention everyone and count up the 'I have done it' comments.  But sub-tasks would give you a clear and easy way to allocate it out and track who has done it.

Suggest an answer