What happens to my JIRA project after I cancel it? Can I still view, download or maintain it?

Aminul Islam June 7, 2016

Can anyone answer my question? Couldn't find it anywhere in FAQ page.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

Aminul, more informations...

If you cancel your subscription, the system image and the data stored in it will be deleted within 30 days. Data that's stored offsite will be deleted within 8 weeks.

The events that occur during account cancelation are:

1. You cancel your subscription – Your site will remain active until the end of your final subscription period.
  2. Once your subscription period is finished, your instance will be deactivated shortly afterward.
  3. Once your instance is deactivated, Atlassian will retain your image and its data for 15 days. During this time, you can have your instance reactivated by renewing your subscription.
  4. Once 15 days have elapsed after deactivation, Atlassian will delete the system image and all of its data. Once this is done, we can't recover your data.

If you'd like a backup of the data in your Atlassian Cloud site, see Import and export data.

More info: Data Storage.

Regards.

2 votes
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

Hello Aminul, Lemme try help you.

Online archiving

Archiving a project online means keeping all of the project's issue data in your live JIRA instance. The advantage of archiving a project online is that you can easily make the project accessible again if required.

There are two ways to archive a project online:

'Hiding' a project

A 'hidden' project will still be visible via the 'Administration' menu, but it will no longer appear in the 'Browse Projects' list, and no-one will be able to search, view or modify any of the project's issues.

1. Create a new permission scheme. Leave all of the permissions empty.
  2. Associate the new permission scheme with the project that you wish to hide (see Assigning a Permission Scheme to a Project ).

Making a project 'Read-Only'

If you make a project read-only, the project will be visible via the 'Administration' menu, and will appear in the 'Browse Projects' list. The project's issues will be searchable and viewable, but no one will be able to modify them.

1. Create a new permission scheme. Grant the 'Browse Project' permission to everyone who needs to be able to search or browse the project, or view its issues. Leave all of the other permissions empty.
  2. Associate the new permission scheme with the project that you wish to hide (see Assigning a Permission Scheme to a Project ).

3. To prevent workflow transitions from happening you will need to update the workflow and add a condition to each transition. The conditions should check that a user has the Edit Issues permission.

This content is from here https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/archiving-a-project-802592917.html

Did it help you?

Lemme know it.

Best Regards,

Lameck.

1 vote
Aminul Islam June 7, 2016

Thanks Lameck for your prompt reply. I need to rephrase my question, my question was more about the JIRA subscriptions than Projects itself.

If I cancel my JIRA cloud subscription, what happens to my JIRA instance? Do Admin still has access to the instance or not accessible at all?

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2016

Aminul, I never searched for this. But lemme dig a little, and I'll comeback here with a answer. Regards.

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2016
Aminul Islam, sorry for delay. But @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] answered your question. laugh If you cancel, then you lose access to the system and it will be deleted after a month. 
Regards,
Lameck.
Aminul Islam June 8, 2016

Thanks for your reply smile

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2016

If you cancel the subscription, you lose access to the system, and it will be deleted after a month.  You can take a backup for yourself before you cancel

Aminul Islam June 8, 2016

Thanks Nic for your reply. So only way to keep it alive is to pay subscription $10/month or backup everything before cancelling the subscription!

Cheers

Suggest an answer