What happens to logged time on a deleted issue?

Kathleen Eulberg May 30, 2017

I unintentionally deleted rather than closed a story.  The story had time tracked to it.  I am trying to determine if the "tracked time" has any record or history in the system without the issue itself?

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2017

When the issue is deleted all reference to it is deleted. I STRONGLY suggest you not delete issues. The forum is full of questions trying to get deleted issues back or related info. I use a resolution of Deleted set by a post function on a transition that can only be executed by the project lead and a required field for the reason why to status closed. 

0 votes
Kathleen Eulberg May 30, 2017

Great advice.   Sadly too late in this case though.  Thanks for the response!

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2017

Yes, most of the time it is too late. I came from an envirionment where you never deleted any system of record because it was the system of record. Since JIRA doesn't reuse numbers there would be a gap and eventually someone would look at a report and ask about the missing issue. 

Suggest an answer