What happened to Import issues via CSV on Cloud?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: What's New

I just tried to make an Issue import via CSV in JIRA Cloud. As a normal user it is not possible to create issues via CSV anymore. 

Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-18 um 11.33.43.png

I need to be an administrator and go to administrators section to upload a file. Are there any thoughts on getting this back to normal users or is there at least an explanation why it was removed from the normal user permissions?

Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-18 um 11.37.14.png

Thanks in advance for the answer!

Best regards,

Christoph

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Steven Behnke Community Champion Aug 18, 2016

This is an open bug. It has an official response and is in one of the statuses Atlassian goes through before releasing a change.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-62208

I was really annoyed to find that it had moved too. I regularly used the easy shortcut from the navigation and now import is a huge pain point.

This is an issue for us as our team SM/PO's don't have JIRA Admin, just Project Admin so they can't access the import tool anymore. Has anyone found this was a deliberate removal or just a whoops and will be fixed?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 10 hours ago in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

30 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you