What generates "Non-production use" in Jira footer?

What condition generates "This JIRA site is for non-production use only." in the Jira footer? How can I update that condition on my Jira server?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
3 votes

If you're not running it from the SDK, then the most likely explanation is that you have installed a development licence and not a full one. Could you check what Admin -> Licence says?

That does seem correct:

JIRA Enterprise 2000 Users: Developer License

Should I contact Atlassian about getting a non-developer license?

I got the right type of license. All is now well.

Ah, good, I was about to type something about identifying the licence you should be using and talking to Atlassian if you were stuck finding it, but as you've found it, I'll save some RSI... :-)

JIRA is being run in dev mode as specified by the

-Datlassian.dev.mode=true

flag. Are you running JIRA from the SDK or from a standalone install?

Here is the running process. We're using Jira 5.2.

/opt/atlassian/jira/jre//bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/atlassian/jira/conf/logging.properties -XX:MaxPermSize=384m -Xms384m -Xmx768m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true -Djira.jelly.on=true -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/atlassian/jira/endorsed -classpath /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/tomcat-juli.jar -Dcatalina.base=/opt/atlassian/jira -Dcatalina.home=/opt/atlassian/jira -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/atlassian/jira/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

Standalone install

Odd. Do you see atlassian.dev.mode or jira.dev.mode defined in bin/setenv.sh? You can also see which properties are defined by looking at the System Info admin screen, but you'll need to hunt down where exactly it's being set.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,563 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you