What generates "Non-production use" in Jira footer?

Joe Mallon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2013

What condition generates "This JIRA site is for non-production use only." in the Jira footer? How can I update that condition on my Jira server?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2013

If you're not running it from the SDK, then the most likely explanation is that you have installed a development licence and not a full one. Could you check what Admin -> Licence says?

Joe Mallon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2013

That does seem correct:

JIRA Enterprise 2000 Users: Developer License

Should I contact Atlassian about getting a non-developer license?

Joe Mallon
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2013

I got the right type of license. All is now well.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2013

Ah, good, I was about to type something about identifying the licence you should be using and talking to Atlassian if you were stuck finding it, but as you've found it, I'll save some RSI... :-)

0 votes
Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2013

JIRA is being run in dev mode as specified by the

-Datlassian.dev.mode=true

flag. Are you running JIRA from the SDK or from a standalone install?

Joe Mallon
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2013

Here is the running process. We're using Jira 5.2.

/opt/atlassian/jira/jre//bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/atlassian/jira/conf/logging.properties -XX:MaxPermSize=384m -Xms384m -Xmx768m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true -Djira.jelly.on=true -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/atlassian/jira/endorsed -classpath /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/tomcat-juli.jar -Dcatalina.base=/opt/atlassian/jira -Dcatalina.home=/opt/atlassian/jira -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/atlassian/jira/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

Joe Mallon
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2013

Standalone install

Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2013

Odd. Do you see atlassian.dev.mode or jira.dev.mode defined in bin/setenv.sh? You can also see which properties are defined by looking at the System Info admin screen, but you'll need to hunt down where exactly it's being set.

Suggest an answer