What format do holiday's dates need to be?

Shawn Plummer November 16, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Setting up SLAs

I have tried 5/30/2016 and 5/30 and it tells me they are malformed. The help document has no examples of Holiday dates for me to reference.

2 answers

1 vote
KP April 4, 2016

I tried many variations before finding the format.

Using php date format, it is:

j/M/y where:

j is the day of the month without leading zeros.

M is a short textual representation of a month, three letters.

y is a two digit representation of a year.

e.g.

Christmas Day in 2016 is 25/Dec/16 .

New Year's Day in 2017 is 1/Jan/17 .

I believe you can use the double-digit days too, e.g. 01, but when you save, it will be truncated as 1.

I am surprised that this is not in the documentation and that the calendar picker in JIRA Service Desk does not work.

Oh yes, I have to note that I'm in Singapore, where we usually use Day Month Year.

If j/M/y does not work, try M/j/y, as it would be expressed in the US.

e.g. Dec/25/16 or Jan/1/17.

KP April 4, 2016

Atlassian seems to be aware of the bug. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-3356

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2015

Have you tried using standard date formats instead of US ones?  The international standard is yyyy/mm/dd although that's often reversed.

If 30/5/2016 does work, then I'd take a look at your JIRA date settings, as it suggests they've been set to use non US dates.  Check the javascript and system settings, they're annoyingly separate.

Suggest an answer