What does the validator "Transition parent issue" - Transition current issue's parent issue does?

Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

In workflow there is a validator "Transition parent issue" , how does this validator work. If i have a task and it has its subtask then using this validator can i put a validation that if subtasks are completed, then make the parent task also complete.

Basically what does this validator and how can we use it our workflow

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013
Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

Thanks Renjith, i was referring the same. I went through the link but even then could not get that issue solved. May be i missed something.

This is what i did:

I have a state "Finish" in 2 workflows. The first workflow is associated with a task and 2nd workflow is associated with subtask. I created the task and then created subtask under it. I added the transition validator to the subtask workflow and moved it to the bottom. I added the tranistion id. Eg Finish(171) . I added 171 (transition id of the task) in the subtask validator. Now when i moved the subtasks to finish, i wanted the task to be moved to finish state which is not happening. I think i messed up something.

Please let me know what needs to be done.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013
  • Have you published the workflows for both?
  • Are there anything in logs?
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

Also remember to add a condition in the parent workflow 'Sub-Task Blocking Condition' to prevent the parent task from getting closed out when one sub-task is done.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

Probably you should be telling us what you want to achieve? Is it that you want to close the parent task when all sub-tasks complete?

Suggest an answer