What does the # sign beside the field mean?

I notice some list field has a # sign beside the field. What's that?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Where are you seeing this?  Admin?  Issue view?  Issue edit?

Normal user when create a new issue.

and when edit, but not view screen.

Ah, you mean the red * which means "this field is mandatory?"

NO, there is an additional # sign. Sorry, I didn't notice can't upload the image here. Please see attached image.

That's a new one on me - looks like someone has hacked something in the template, or someone is using javascript to (badly) do things to the screen. Do you have javascript tweaks? Or addons that try to change screens?

I did created a template for JEditor for the Description field, but I already changed the render back to wiki render.

Ok. Have you tried turning off the JEditor addon to see if that fixes it?

I disabled JEditor, still there, uninstalled it, still there.

Good test (Although the uninstall shouldn't be necessary, disabling an addon has the same effect). What other addons have you got installed? Also, check the system information page - are there any "changed files"?

Modified Files [Installation Type: Standalone] templates/plugins/fields/edit/edit-multiselect.vm, jira-application.properties, secure/applet/screenshot.jar, seraph-config.xml, templates/plugins/fields/edit/edit-radio.vm, atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip, WEB-INF/web.xml, templates/jira/project/releasenotes/releasenotes-html.vm, templates/plugins/fields/edit/edit-select.vm, velocity.properties Removed Files [Installation Type: Standalone] WEB-INF/lib/atlassian-trusted-apps-core-2.5.2.jar, WEB-INF/lib/atlassian-gadgets-spi-3.2.0-m2-1.jar, WEB-INF/lib/atlassian-gadgets-api-3.2.0-m2-1.jar, WEB-INF/lib/sal-api-2.8.0-m2.jar, WEB-INF/lib/atlassian-trusted-apps-seraph-integration-2.5.2.jar, WEB-INF/lib/sal-spi-2.8.0-m2.jar

Right. Someone has hacked your field templates, and made a mess of it. You probably should remove their changes.

Can you tell me how? I don't know what to remove? We have two environments for JIRA, DEV and PROD, can I copy these files from PROD?

It's in the modified files stuff you dug up. Look at the files that are called xxxxx.vm - they've been changed. I don't know if you can take copies from Prod - have they been hacked as well?

Where is this templates folder on the JIRA server? I found PROD has more Modified Files:[Installation Type: Standalone] templates/email/subject/issuecommentedited.vm, jira-application.properties, templates/email/subject/issuecommented.vm, templates/email/subject/issueresolved.vm, templates/email/subject/issuedeleted.vm, secure/applet/screenshot.jar, templates/email/subject/issuereopened.vm, templates/email/subject/issueclosed.vm, atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip, templates/jira/project/releasenotes/releasenotes-html.vm, templates/email/subject/issueworklogdeleted.vm, templates/email/subject/issueworkstopped.vm, templates/email/subject/issueupdated.vm, templates/email/subject/issuecreated.vm, templates/email/subject/issueworklogupdated.vm, templates/email/subject/issueworkstarted.vm, templates/email/subject/issueworklogged.vm, templates/email/subject/issuegenericevent.vm, templates/email/subject/issueassigned.vm, templates/email/subject/issuemoved.vm

It's under the installation of JIRA - I can't tell you more than that, I don't know what you've installed or where. If your production server has more modified files, than that suggests someone has been doing uncontrolled or untested changes, and it renders your test system pretty useless as it doesn't reflect live. At this point, I would strongly suggest creating a new test system that is the same as production and start there.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

292 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you