What does "is epic of" mean?

David Witherspoon October 5, 2017

I'm having trouble translating some of the scriptrunner extension commands into English (so I can really understand what they are doing).

For example, on one of our JIRA boards someone has created a quick filter like:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project=bob AND issuetype=epic AND ScrumTeam != SCRUM2", "is Epic of")

The Subquery part says "epics in project 'bob' not assigned to 'SCRUM2'. I don't understand the [link name] part. Since the Subquery is already looking for epics, then what does "is epic of" do in this case? [link name] is supposed to describe the way in which the issue is linked.

It's definitely doing something. If I run that query without "is epic of" I find about 100 issues. Adding it back, I get over 500. Why?

2 answers

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

@David Witherspoonlinkedissuesof is going to return issues linked to your sub-query.  The "is Epic of" specifies which link the function will return issue for.

David Witherspoon October 6, 2017

But is "is epic of" redundant, since the Subquery finds epics already?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

It looks like you've got a custom field called "ScrumTeam" and one of the values available for it is "is Epic of"

Suggest an answer