What does "Ignore Auto-transitions (loops)" mean in workflow conditions?

Mike Solomon October 23, 2017

I came across a checkbox when creating a workflow condition called "ignore auto-transitions (loops)" I can't find any documentation describing this option.

Does anyone know what this does?

Here is how I got to this option: https://cl.ly/3D1U0S2t2H43

I am trying to prevent an issue from automatically transitioning into it's current status and I'm hoping this could be the option I am looking for.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Steven de Groot
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2017

Hey Mike,

I checked my local instance and don't have the condition you use available. Are you aware of any 3rd party installed plugins in your JIRA instance? 

I tried to reproduce your case with a default JIRA condition but did not have the option "Ignore Auto-transitions (loops)" available.

Regards,

Steven

Mike Solomon October 25, 2017

Thanks @Steven de Groot! We use Jira Workflow Misc Extensions (JWME) Add-On so perhaps that is giving us extra capabilities but I couldnt find anything in their knowledge base either.

Do you know of a way to solve my original problem with the current JIRA offering? I guess I could get rid of the "Allow All Statuses to Transition to this one" and manually create a transition to each status to avoid a status from transitioning to itself but I feel like there's gotta be a better way...

Suggest an answer