What does Support Period 12 month, 36 month in a quote mean and so on

az2181 November 13, 2017

If I buy licenses are they perpetual or will expire after support ends?

If support means license itself then I simply can buy license for as long as three years, right?   

Thank you,

Alex

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2017

Hi Alex,

The license will continue to work on Confluence, but once it expires you will no longer be able to update or upgrade Confluence, and your support eligibility will drop off.

You can always continue to receive support through Community, but keep in mind that once your Confluence version reaches End of Life, you will want to upgrade it.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,

Shannon

az2181 November 14, 2017

Hi Shannon,

OK, as I understood I need to be able to update/upgrade and getting the support, in this case all I need is just to renew the "support period" every year, meaning I don't need to pay full licenses price yearly in order to continue using the software. Then how much would support renewal per one license cost, you can give me percentage rate if it's easier?  I'm just trying to figure out what are the best options available for "support period" whether to pay every year, like "auto-renew" or maybe to get 24-36 month or so...

Thanks again,

Regards,

Alex

az2181 November 14, 2017

I'm waiting for your response before submitting the quote...

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2017

Hi Alex,

The software maintenance renewal price depends on how many users are being licensed. Here are links to pricing for Jira Core and Confluence:

How much is it to renew my Jira Core software maintenance?

How much is it to renew my Confluence software maintenance?

Please let me know if I can help with anything else as you prepare to submit the quote.

Cheers,

Ann

Suggest an answer