What does JIRA message JRA-4241 mean?

Pei October 15, 2012

Ran the JIRA Integrity Checker and Incorrect State error message appeared, JRA-4241, but I can't seem to find any documention of what causes the error.

Did anyone else encounter his message before?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2012

It refers to the original bug report - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-4241

Pei October 21, 2012

Nic, thanks for providing the original bug report.

Pei October 21, 2012

I read the comments in the bug report to see if the error was resolved or if it can be resolved. Would you happen to know if Atlassian plans on resolving the bug or are they just responding with the Integrity Checker?

Sunandha Rajamanickam Sekar January 8, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

Hi Nic,

I'm facing error in issue creation in one of my project under my org. JIRA account.

The error is :

We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file.

Issue type : User story

Solutions Applied :

1.Checked whether the post functions are correct. yeah,its correct and in proper order.

2.Performed re-indexing, there is no issue captured after re-indexing.

after performing this steps my issue persists.

3. I have carried out database integrity checker and got error as same as JRA-4241.

Please do suggest the solution steps for me if possible.

I referred this link "https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-4241" but nothing is able to figure out.

Regards,

Sunandha

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2019

This is a 7 year old problem that was fixed years ago, so I'm not sure why you're looking here.

However, you should read your log file to see what the underlying error is - that should give you more relevant error messages to help you find the cause.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2012

It refers to the original bug report - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-4241

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2012

It usually comes when the state was modified directly in database or something. Since you are on onDemand (as per your tag), that might not be the case. Maybe a workflow transition errored out!

You can fix it using intergrity checker and keep watching to see if it is recurring!

Pei October 21, 2012

Thank you for your response Jobin!

Suggest an answer