What do you test when installing a new Plugin

Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2013

Hi Guys,

This is more like a general query, and applies to both Jira and Confluenc What do you guys test before installing a new plugin in production? Objective here is to make sure that it does not cause any problems either functionality related or performance related.

So far, I used to test in a sandbox environment, where I will install the plugin then -

* Test the functionality by doing what it is supposed to do.

* Monitor the performance of the server like Load average, Memory, JVM stats after installing the plugin.

I use hyperic to monitor the stats.

In general, I get the idea if there is a major problem, but I wanted to check what everyone does when they install a plugin in their production environment.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2013

You are doing more than what most people does! And you have covered the 2 most important factors - functionality and performance.

Suggest an answer