What do the various background colours mean in recently viewed projects.

Alexander Farrell November 17, 2017

In the Browse Projects page you can see the 4 most recently viewed projects at the top. Some of the background colours in the box are red, others grey, and one was yellow. What do they mean?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2017

I believe the colors are just based on the icon/avatar selected for the project. I did a quick test and if I changed the icon on the project to a different one, the background color on recently viewed changed as well.

0 votes

Yeah, I'm in Jira Cloud, new UI. I've just done a quick test as well, and yep you're right, the background colour changes depending on the type of avatar it is. Kind of misleading in a way, I thought it was a quick alert to indicate there were perhaps some issues behind schedule or something.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2017

That's a good idea for a feature request. Maybe as a project setting where you configure it via a JQL or something...

ah yeah, not a bad idea actually, could be useful to see what issues are running behind in the most commonly used projects without having to go directly into each project.

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2017

Where are you seeing this behavior? Cloud? or Server?

I am on server never noticed this colors.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2017

It's in Jira Cloud, in the new UI

Suggest an answer