What data is stored on a JIRA/Confluence server that uses a separate server for it's SQL database

Maurice M. Hasins January 23, 2015

What data is stored on a JIRA/Confluence server that uses a separate server for it's SQL database?

3 answers

0 votes
Maurice M. Hasins January 23, 2015

The JIRA and Confluence application is stored on one server but the database it is using is a completely different server. So I wanted to know is there anything (data) being stored on that server possibly stored by default?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2015

The database server holds your databases. I'm not sure what else you might be talking about. As David has said, attachments are held on the server you are running the applications on. The database server holds the databases.

0 votes
David Di Blasio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2015

Hi Maurice, 

Attachments are really the only thing that would be stored locally on a JIRA/Confluence server if the database is not hosted locally.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2015

I don't understand the question.  JIRA and Confluence each need their own database "area" to keep their data in.  You can provide those areas in the same database service or on separate ones.

Suggest an answer