What could the problem with the button More (for add-ons) in the main Menu?

Evgeniia Ermakova November 4, 2017

Hallo!
please could you help me with the idea - what could be the problem with the button MORE (for Add-ons) in the main Menu of Jira (Cloud).

Today we have installed some add-ons and few of them are hidden under the menu point called MORE. Well, I could see the list of all add-ons if I click on it but I could not open them. The links do not work.

At the same time I have all permissions (I am an Admin) and in the Configuration panel of all add-ons I granted permissions "for everyone".

I could open some of add-ons with 2 different mode:

1) if I change the dimension of my screen.
2) If I use the option - open in the new tab, for  some add-ons I go to the main page of application on the Atlassian market.

For some add-ons I see the information as follows:

Due to Atlassian's technical restrictions, you cannot view this page without JIRA context.

I have same situation in Chrome and Explorer.

Please could anyone tell me - what's wrong?

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

Hi Evgeniia,

• Did this begin after you installed your new add-ons?
  • Does this happen on another computer?
  • Does this happen with all users?

The first thing I would do is put your browser in Safe Mode/Incognito Mode and see if you get the same results.

Next, I would try to see if another user is experiencing this behavior or if you see it on another computer.  If not we need to isolate the issue on that computer/browser. 

If it does happen globally then that may indicate an issue with one of the add-ons.  In that case you'll need to go to Manage Add-Ons and disable the add-ons you put in today and test.  If you can proceed as normal, enable them one by one until you determine which add-on is causing this problem.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer