What controls list of Roles in Comment Visibility dropdown?

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2017

Hi, I am trying to update a project created by someone else in a server 6.4 instance of JIRA and I am stumped. The list of Roles in the Comment Visibility dropdown on a ticket is missing one of the key roles for this project and has one that I want to get rid of. I checked another project where this is working and that list seems fine. Can anyone tell me where I can look to fix this? I've tried everythign I can think of and nothing is helping. 

Thanks!

-Kathy

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2017

Are you in the role that is missing?  And the one that should not be there?

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2017

I'm in the one that's missing and not in the one(s) I don't want to have visible. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2017

Bother, that rules out what I thought it was.  Sorry, I'm stuck on this one.  I thought it was simply "you can only share with the roles you belong to"

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2017

Yeah, I was hopeful when I saw your response but it didn't pan out. This is the "fun" part of managing legacy systems other people designed :) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2017

Yeah, inheriting systems is great sometimes.  But there's always the odd quirk, where someone hasn't documented it.  (Not sure I'd say "legacy" though, as a large chunk of the work I do is moving people from legacy systems on to Atlassian stuff)

Suggest an answer