What conditions invoke the LEXORANK rebalancer automatically?

Peter Macdonald August 19, 2014

I started a Lock JIRA and Rebuild Index process which proceeded to run extremely slowly. Investigation showed that the LEXO_RANK_SCHEDULER_JOB was running. In fact, it was reporting errors. Further research led me to the advice:

CAUTIONARY NOTE: if a reindex is run in the middle of the rebalance it can cause the rebalance to get stuck.

Before I started my reindex, I had deleted all the content under <jira home>\caches\.

Did I cause the lexo balancer to start? Was it the restart of JIRA? If neither, then what started it?

What is the easiest way to tell if the rebalance is running so I don't end up locking my system from users for double the time it normally takes to run a simple reindex?

Versions JIRA 6.2.7, JIRA Agile 6.4.3

1 answer

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2015

Hi Peter,

There are two ways to check whether a rebalance job is running:

• Enabling debug log for the com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.lexorank.balance package.
  • Querying the DB directly - If there is an entry in the AO_60DB71_LEXORANKBALANCER table, then a rebalance was scheduled.

For more information about this and other LexoRank related topics you may refer to the document below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILEKB/Troubleshooting+New+Ranking+System+Issues

Cheers,

Danilo

Suggest an answer