What causes JIRA to start a new batch of Resolution IDs?

Ross McKenrick May 5, 2015

JIRA v6.2.4 comes with 6 Resolutions:

1. Fixed
  2. Won't Fix
  3. Duplicate
  4. Incomplete
  5. Cannot Reproduce
  6. Done

Long ago, I added two additional resolutions and JIRA numbered them 10100 and 10101. Some time later, I added four more, and JIRA numbered them 10200, 10201, 10202, and 10203. I just added 11 more, and JIRA numbered them 10300, 10301, ..., 10310.

What event causes JIRA to skip to the next batch of 100?

The reason I ask is that we have to hardcode the Resolution IDs in the jira.field.resolution.include property of the workflow transitions sad, and I have a new instance of JIRA and I don't want to redo all the properties in my workflows if I can avoid it. I'd rather enter two resolutions (10100, 10101), <do something to make JIRA jump to the next batch>, enter the next four resolutions, <do whatever it is again>, and then enter the remaining 11 resolutions.

What causes JIRA to start a new batch of Resolution IDs?

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

I think JIRA has its own id generator. And you might be able to find the next id in SEQUENCE_VALUE_ITEM table. Not sure what are the rules though.

Suggest an answer