What causes JIRA to issue the message "Wiki Page Failed to load" ?

We have tried to link our JIRA and Confluence implementations. I am seeing links from JIRA issues to Confluence pages that look like this:

The link actually works, and takes you to the correct page. Does anyone have an idea what's causing this ?

Thanks again,

Kel

6 answers

1 accepted

28 votes

Usually, this exception is thrown when you have not configured Confluence to accept remote API calls. Therefore, as an initial suggestion, kindly enable the {{ Remote API (XML-RPC & SOAP)}} on your Confluence, via Browse > Confluence Admin > General Configuration, and the option is under Feature Settings.

If you're still experiencing this problem, please, feel free to raise a ticket through https://support.atlassian.com

Thanks Giuliano, it's already checked, I'll open a ticket.

please post your findings if you're able to get this resolved, I have the same issue! Thanks.

Seeing the same issue in our JIRA, remote api on.

Did you report your issue to atlassian support? Could you please post request link? Have the same problem, wanted to track its status. Thanks.

I am experiencing the same issue. Remote API checked. Running JIRA 5.0.5 and Confluence 4.2.3

Enabling Remote Access in Confluence fixed it for us!

Thank you Giuliano Campos!

That did the trick!

Thank you Giuliano Campos!

That did the trick!

Problem fixed thanks!

Thanks, I had this issue and ticking that option fixed it.

i have open as well a ticket i have the issue and confluence has the option enabled (i tried to disable it and re-enable it and still the same)

I have the same issue. Thanks @Giuliano de Campos for the solution.

Did you report your issue to atlassian support? Could you please post request link? Have the same problem, wanted to track its status. Thanks.

I have searched the Answers site and found this related Q&A:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39560/can-t-link-confluence-page-to-jira-issue-using-application-link-and-oauth

I am in the process of getting Confluence 4.3.x and probably the latest JIRA to see if that will resolve my issue.

Quick tip: Make sure you can reach your remote (Confluence) box *from* the JIRA box itself, using the URL you entered in the "app links" page, via HTTP (not https).

We are having these same issues, our Confluence deployment is only accessible via HTTPS. Is there a solution for this to work?

Hi Peter,

We ended up enabling both HTTP and HTTPS access to Confluence for this to work. In addition we put firewall rules in place to ensure that only the JIRA box could access Confluence via HTTP. It was about half an hour's work for us.

Thanks for this. I'm wondering if it is possible to avoid this issue whilst running only HTTPS. We redirect HTTP requests to HTTPS to ensure the security of our data transport.

I'm also curious as to why this would be an issue with HTTPS. Can the app link connector / module not talk HTTPS?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

168 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you