What causes JIRA to issue the message "Wiki Page Failed to load" ?

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2012

We have tried to link our JIRA and Confluence implementations. I am seeing links from JIRA issues to Confluence pages that look like this:

The link actually works, and takes you to the correct page. Does anyone have an idea what's causing this ?

Thanks again,

Kel

6 answers

1 accepted

28 votes
Answer accepted
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2012

Usually, this exception is thrown when you have not configured Confluence to accept remote API calls. Therefore, as an initial suggestion, kindly enable the {{ Remote API (XML-RPC & SOAP)}} on your Confluence, via Browse > Confluence Admin > General Configuration, and the option is under Feature Settings.

If you're still experiencing this problem, please, feel free to raise a ticket through https://support.atlassian.com

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2012

Thanks Giuliano, it's already checked, I'll open a ticket.

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2012

please post your findings if you're able to get this resolved, I have the same issue! Thanks.

Laura Kolker
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2012

Seeing the same issue in our JIRA, remote api on.

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2012

Did you report your issue to atlassian support? Could you please post request link? Have the same problem, wanted to track its status. Thanks.

Dan Lohaus January 22, 2013

I am experiencing the same issue. Remote API checked. Running JIRA 5.0.5 and Confluence 4.2.3

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2013

Enabling Remote Access in Confluence fixed it for us!

Oliver Kanduth October 15, 2013

Thank you Giuliano Campos!

That did the trick!

Andreas Neuberger October 15, 2013

Thank you Giuliano Campos!

That did the trick!

Michael Gams March 12, 2014

Problem fixed thanks!

Emma Knight July 13, 2014

Thanks, I had this issue and ticking that option fixed it.

Simon Leclercq September 18, 2014

i have open as well a ticket i have the issue and confluence has the option enabled (i tried to disable it and re-enable it and still the same)

Dzailin Dzulkaflie October 13, 2014

I have the same issue. Thanks @Giuliano de Campos for the solution.

0 votes
Julie Cochrane July 4, 2013

Thanks for this. I'm wondering if it is possible to avoid this issue whilst running only HTTPS. We redirect HTTP requests to HTTPS to ensure the security of our data transport.

I'm also curious as to why this would be an issue with HTTPS. Can the app link connector / module not talk HTTPS?

0 votes
Julie Cochrane July 4, 2013

We are having these same issues, our Confluence deployment is only accessible via HTTPS. Is there a solution for this to work?

Saul Perdomo July 4, 2013

Hi Peter,

We ended up enabling both HTTP and HTTPS access to Confluence for this to work. In addition we put firewall rules in place to ensure that only the JIRA box could access Confluence via HTTP. It was about half an hour's work for us.

0 votes
Saul Perdomo May 8, 2013

Quick tip: Make sure you can reach your remote (Confluence) box *from* the JIRA box itself, using the URL you entered in the "app links" page, via HTTP (not https).

0 votes
Dan Lohaus January 22, 2013

I have searched the Answers site and found this related Q&A:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39560/can-t-link-confluence-page-to-jira-issue-using-application-link-and-oauth

I am in the process of getting Confluence 4.3.x and probably the latest JIRA to see if that will resolve my issue.

0 votes
Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2012

Did you report your issue to atlassian support? Could you please post request link? Have the same problem, wanted to track its status. Thanks.

Suggest an answer