What canned reports does JIRA come with? Where can I find these?

Pedro Colon August 15, 2012

What canned reports does JIRA come with? Where can I find these?

2 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2012

I'm sorry if this seems rude, but could you try reading the documentation?

You're asking question after question which are mostly answered in the docs - fair enough when they're not, or they aren't clear, or missing stuff, that's fine, but please at least try before asking!

For example, try going to the docs and putting "report" into the search box. Or google with "Jira Reports" - they'll both take you to the right page.

0 votes
Adam James August 15, 2012

In his defense, a lot of the JIRA and Confluence documentation is cumbersome, filled with exceptions, and often outright contradictory of other documentation. Coming here for help is an easy way to get answers from others that have struggled. But I agree, play around with the search first. Usually either someone here or at support.atlassian.com has had the same question/issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2012

That is why I mentioned "aren't clear" - they seem ok to me, but I'm aware I've been doing this for years, and I am well aware that I'm too close to the subject. I know that there's stuff that is skimmed over, or written up too densely. That's why I'm have no problem with questions that are phrased "I read <doc x> but I'm stuck", even when it seems clear to me.

But it's irksome when there's a string of questions that it would actually have been quicker to ask by typing in google or search. "Jira Reports" in google answers this specific question a LOT faster than asking us does, and in a lot less words.

If this question had been "I've seen the list on the page google told me to look at, but I was looking for something that does X and none of these fit", I'd not have complained.

Suggest an answer