What can I do to ensure Confluence sent emails do not end up in junk folder?

Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2012

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with Confluence sent emails that come from this address, eg: confluence.no-reply@xxxxx.com. When Confluence sents out email notifications, usually the content has links, it sometimes end up in my junk folder in Outlook/Exchange because Exchange thinks it is a spam.

Do you guys have the same problem? If you have a solution, can you please help?

The same goes to JIRA or any other applications we host. The email convension is the same, app.no-reply@xxxx.com

Thank you so much.

Regards,
Lee

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2012
Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2012

How am I going to ask 5000 users to do this?

Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2012

Thanks for the link. I guess i'll have to make the email part of the Global Address List.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2012

you didn't mention that this is a problem of 5000 users. Do you have an admin for your outlook / exchange system ? Then I would ask him / her to adjust the spam filters.

On the Confluence / Jira site, I don't think you can do anything to avoid links in mails. It would not make any sense at all.

Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2012

A reply from my admin. -_-"

Then your only options is to format the mail according to standard and make sure it's not considered as spam ;-)
We can't control the filter and/or settings.

Suggest an answer