What asset management add-on's support Jira Cloud?

Erick Grimmer March 16, 2016

We are considering switching to JIRA Service Desk but one of the features we must have is asset management. I am having a difficult time finding an add-on for asset management that supports JIRA Service Desk cloud edition, is there anything available?

3 answers

0 votes
Erick Grimmer August 15, 2016

I'm still researching the solutions posted by Dario but what I haven't been able to find yet is asset management that includes a discovery feature. Right now our current cloud based solution from Manage Engine is able to do a discovery on our network and automatically input any detected network devices. As you can imagine this saves a boatload of time from having to entering thousands of devices manually, ask users for serials numbers, hardware specifications, etc. 

So what I'm really after is a JIRA Service Desk add-on that does asset management but also supports network discovery of those assets. Is an asset management solution with discovery capabilities exist for JIRA Service Desk? 

JC February 7, 2019

Hi there!

I am browsing through any related pages regarding Assets Management and have came across this query while doing so.

Just curious, did you manage to find any plugins or methods to use Asset Management with JIRA Service Desk ? Like you, I am utilizing Service Desk for my company right now and plan to get it soon but I really require Asset Management modules and either nothing seems to work or the effort needed to do so is exhaustive and pricey as compared to other similar services that has an actual integration albeit more costly when compared to JIRA.

Hope to hear from you!

Cheers,

Jan

Stacie Marlin May 2, 2019

Hi all - Device42 is compatible with Jira Cloud - it's a great solution!  

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2016
0 votes
deedubb April 4, 2016

From the lack of response should we take it that there's no current solution?

I gather you might be able to do something with a custom workflow but then it seems you cant add custom issue types to the cloud?

Suggest an answer