What are the options available to create dynamic fields in the form

vittal kovuru June 28, 2017

What are options available in JIRA to create Dynamic fields in the forms?

2 answers

0 votes
Katarzyna Pawlak March 1, 2018

Hi @vittal kovuru,

I'm from InTENSO. I think that our app - Dynamic Forms - can solve your problem. In the configuration you must add related field to option YES - this drop down list.

Please get a 30-day trial from Marketplace. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask our support team.

Best regards,

Katarzyna

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

You will probably need to find or write add-ons to do this.

It's hard to say more than that without a definition of what you want from "dynamic fields", as it's a very vague term.  It may be that JIRA has functions which already meet your needs.

vittal kovuru June 28, 2017

I am looking for a kind of dynamic fields For ex:

Do you go to college Yes or No

if user selects Yes, then I need to see a drop down with list of colleges.

if user select NO, then I dont need to see the dropdown list of colleges

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

A cascading select will do that, although it won't hide the list of colleges completely, just not offer the user an option.

For a more flexible option

1.  Create the fields separately and use something like the Behaviours module in the ScriptRunner to implement the screen-logic to link them together

2.  Find and install (or write) an add-on that implements them.  The marketplace has at least one "dynamic forms" add-on.

vittal kovuru June 29, 2017

Hi Nic, can I ask you some other question in JIRA?

I have a requirement where in I need to pull all the Projects list from the JIRA and show what are the screens attached to each project?

Is there a way that I can pull this information from Admin role in an excel sheet?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2017

I have raised this in the community.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2017

This is the community, I'm a little confused.

Yeah.  I have posted in the community and I have directly sent reply to one of your message with different question.

Anyways, could you please let me know if I can pull all the Projects list from the JIRA and show what are the screens attached to each project?

Is there a way that I can pull this information from Admin role in an excel sheet?

Suggest an answer