What are the minimum privileges necessary to do a release on a Kanban Board in JIRA Cloud?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2017

I want a user to be able to do a Release from a Kanban board but don't want to give them JIRA level Administrator rights if I don't have to. I have granted them Administrator privileges at the Project level, but he still has the Release button grayed out. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2017

Only needs project admin 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/releasing-a-version-kanban

But it has to be for all projects which fit into the version. You likely need to tighten up the JQL powering the board.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2017

There's only one ticket in Done and it's on that project. I have submitted a support ticket. :-(

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2017

Yes, ended up being the filter - was using more than one project. Thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer