What are the limits of hosted JIRA?

We've considered the hosted JIRA option but we understand that there is a limit on customizations (e.g. available plugins, both from Atlassian Exchange and user-created ones), this is the dealbreaker. Can you confirm or clarify please?

2 answers

For a complete list of restrictions with OnDemand have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand OnDemand is limited in comparison to hosting yourself, but as Ellen mentions there are alternatives for other hosted solutions if you find OnDemand too limiting at the moment.
Like 1 person likes this

For many, the OnDemand offering meets current needs now.

And here's more answers to common OnDemand questions:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+FAQ

But yes, correct at current you cannot install plugins from Atlassian Plugin Exchange in OnDemand (eventually this will evolve - but for now, correct).

Rather than a deal breaker though, I think you just need to know about other options. Such as:

• Managed hosted JIRA and licensing assistance.
  • 24x7 support, skilled Atlassian-trained techs.
  • All the flexibility you stated above, allowed.

Email info at appfusions dot com for a quote.

Need to know your user-base size to properly quote, so please indicate that.

Best,

Ellen

AppFusions

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Mar 14, 2019 in Jira

Updates to jira.atlassian.com give you visibility into what's coming in Jira Server and Data Center

Hello, Community! My name is Gosia and I'm a Product Manager on Jira Server and Data Center here at Atlassian. Since 2002 when we launched our public issue tracker, jira.atlass...

578 views 1 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you