What are the implications if I edit an "Issue Type" that is labeled "...JIRA Agile - do not edit or delete."

Brad Ross April 10, 2014

We are in the process of implementing JIRA within our company. There are several issue types that are labeled "do-not-edit or delete" that I would really like to clean up and rename for our specific purposes. What are the implications if I edit the labels/names of those issue-types?

For example, I want to change the name of "Epic" to "Theme". If I do that, what wil break?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2014

Hi Brad,

you could impact JIRA AGILE. Btw, you can create new issue types with the label that you prefer.

Hope this helps.

Fabio

0 votes
Brad Ross April 13, 2014

Thanks Fabio.

I know we can create new issue-types, I'm just kind of a neat freak, so I'd like to rename/reuse fields if possible, instead of having a bunch of clutter. That said, it sounds a little risky to mess with those fields, so I'll just create new issue types. Thanks for the quick response.

Brad

Suggest an answer