What are the email template changes from JIRA4.0 to JIRA5.0

Nazia Tarannum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

We have an event as "SME Approvers Mail" that was configured & was working perfectly on JIRA4.0, but now after migration to JIRA5.0, its not shooting those "SME Approvers Mail" mails. I see this event is configured and triggered from a workflow transition. I also see that the event exists in JIRA5.0 as well after migration.

From, the old version I dont see any template required for this SME event.

Please help advise what requires to be changed on JIRA5.0 in order to make this feature work.

Please help...!!

Thanks in advance

3 answers

2 votes
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2012

The biggest change between 4.0 and 5.0 (4.4 actually) in mail templates was the removal of Event Name from e-mail subject for satisfying dumb e-mail clients - so instead of subject "[JIRA] SME Approwers Mail: summary of issue" you will get "[JIRA] summary of issue". There is possibility to turn it back - by modifying templates in application, as we do for all instalations.

Just thought - Is there posibility to miss that mail due some filtering in e-mail filtering?

1 vote
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2012

Did this get resolved? One of the other large changes between JIRA 4 and5 is that the mailhandlers have their API change entirely, such that a 3rd party mailhandler will no longer function. If you are using the JIRA handlers, the upgrade process should have retained their configuration.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

Did the email have a different format from the others? If so it was a custom template, and you should be able to find it.

If not, is the event definitely getting fired? What's the workflow function that fires the event... is it just the standard "fire an event that can be processed by the listeners"?

Check the logs for errors when you do this transition.

Nazia Tarannum
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

Thanks for your response Jamie.

I already told there is no different template/format for this email.

And I checked the logs during the transition, I dont see anything in the logs.

Its a standard event fire, set in the postfunction of a workflow transition.

Suggest an answer