What are the available searcher types when creating a number field using jelly scripts?

Greg Warner April 2, 2013

I'm trying to create a number custom field using jelly scripts. I can't find a reference to the available searcher types. I've tried "numbersearcher" and "none" and both return the error. Is this documented anywhere?

{quote}

Exception: org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyTagException: null:7:0: The following problems were found: Invalid field type specified. searcher: Unknown searcher chosen
{quote}

This is my code:

{code}

<JiraJelly xmlns:jira="jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.enterprise.JiraTagLib">
<jira:CreateCustomField fieldType="number"
fieldName="EW ITEM No."
searcher="none"
description=""
fieldScope="project"
projectKey="SAMPLE">
</jira:CreateCustomField>

</JiraJelly>

{code}

What searchers are available? I'll need to do this with date fields as well.

thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Pinn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Hi Greg.

"number" isn't a valid custom field type. I think you might mean "select"; if so, then the searcher you want is "multiselectsearcher".

Do you have access to the JIRA source code? You'll find all of the possible custom field types and custom searchers enumerated in a file called system-customfieldtypes-plugin.xml, which may be found in the src/main/resources/ directory of the jira-core project. In that file, the <valid-customfield-type> tags tell you which searchers are associated with which custom field types.

Thanks,

While I wait for the source code to download, what I'm trying to do is create a field in the same way as add field -> Number Field. Won't using "select" give me a text select box?

David Pinn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Oh, I see. Yes, in that case, the type you want is "float", and the searcher is either "exactnumber" or "numberrange".

This may also be relevant for the next person coming across this

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/15948/add-custom-field-of-type-freetextfield-with-jelly

Suggest an answer