What are the appropriate filter terms for Status is not "Backlog"?

Daj Oberg May 27, 2021

I am trying to filter a number of Jira projects to get a set of all the Jira epic tickets that are scheduled to be worked on in 2021 or are being currently worked on. The query I have is: "project in ("AB", "CD", "EF") AND type = epic AND createdDate >= "2021/01/01" AND status is not EMPTY" but that gives me too many epics that aren't started. I have modified the results to ORDER BY Desc and that's a little help.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ioana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

Hi Daj,

All issues have a status, so status is not EMPTY will not be helpful.

You can add something like status in (Status1, Status2) and list all the statuses that you are interested in.

You can also use statusCategory != Done to see only issues that are not in a closed state (do not Done, Closed, Resolved, Completed, etc). Or you could use resolution != Unresolved.

Regards,

Ioana

Daj Oberg May 27, 2021

Thanks so much Ioana!

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Hi @Daj Oberg ,

Welcome to the community. 

You can just try ... and status =! Backlog if the backlog status is the only one you don't work on.

Or try status not in (status1, status2) to exclude status1 and status 2

Daj Oberg May 27, 2021

Thank you, Bastian!

Suggest an answer