What are the JIRA scaling issues when we push thousands of test executions (via ZAPI) to JIRA?

What are the JIRA scaling issues when we push thousands of test executions (via ZAPI) to JIRA? 

We plan to push around 20000 (20K) test executions to JIRA via ZAPI. Will the lucene index behind JIRA scale? What are some of the best practices here?

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Each of the 20K operations would update a custom field (build version) and set the result of a test (Pass/Fail/etc). How long would the whole 20K typically take, and what would the impact be on other JIRA users?

I've discussed the idea of uploading a JSON file containing multiple execution results to improve the overall duration. What do you think to the idea of adding such a feature to ZAPI?

I would like to discuss this feature with you. What would be a good time to talk?

Just to chime in. From testing, you would be looking at about ~7 minutes per thousand executions. During this time, you would expect the CPU load to reach very high thresholds but the memory requirements will only reach roughly 3GB during the process. These numbers include other services and JIRA itself on the machine.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

285 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you