What are good plug-in or softwared options with JIRA to set up alerts for high prioirty/severity issues to communicate to my team members on call?

Jesilyn Barnes August 30, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2016

I'd start with a look at how you want to contact the members of the team - what's the method?

Jesilyn Barnes August 30, 2016

I have been using mentions, IM, and email.  We have Pager Duty, but the cost is growing too high now that the team has expanded. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2016

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I mean how would you like to be contacting them in the future? 

Email can be done easily, you can set up notifications and subscriptions.  There's some additional stuff you can do if email is the route too, with add-ons.   For IM, which one(s) are you using?  JIRA will do HipChat off-the-shelf, and it's not hard to connect it to others, but we can't really explore that until we know which one(s) you might use.

Jesilyn Barnes August 31, 2016

I would like to be able to send alerts/pages for high prioirty issues via cell phones would be the option that works best.  We are using Glip and Google Hangouts.  Hip Chat did not really work well for us. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2016

Hmm, you'll need some form of gateway for SMS or paging I believe, and if you want to post into Glip or Hangouts, you'll need to find or write some thing to poke data into them.  If they accept webhooks (a url with structured data) though, that would be really easy

Suggest an answer