What are JIRA Server's system requirements?

Michael Scheper March 13, 2017

I'm surprised that a websearch hasn't taken me straight to the answer for this question. Following links through a dozen pages on the Atlassian site hasn't, either.

What are the system requirements for JIRA? How much RAM and disc space does it require, for a small setup (half a dozen users and projects, fairly light usage)?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Dorofeyev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

It's here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/jira-applications-installation-requirements-802592164.html

Unfold "Server-side installation requirement for production" section.

Michael Scheper March 14, 2017

Ah, great—this contains the RAM requirements, at least, which seemed to be the bigger concern. Thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2017
Michael Scheper March 15, 2017

Thanks. I actually found that page first, too, but the answers were buried behind a collapsing link, below the fold, past half a dozen other links that don't do anything useful in either browser I've tried (e.g. Clicking 'Server-side requirements for production' doesn't do anything at all).

John unravelled all that in his answer, so I'm awarding him credit.

Like Artem Egorov likes this

Suggest an answer